Hot Meal Prep/Distribution in Port Charlotte, FL with Operation BBQ Relief
Operation BBQ Relief is deployed in Port Charlotte, FL cooking hot meals to feed those impacted by Hurricane Ian, First Responders and Emergency Personnel, Utility Crews, other civic and volunteer organizations, and anyone who needs a hot meal. We are in need of volunteer assistance. No experience is necessary. Onsite duties may include any aspect of food service from prep and cooking to packaging, distribution, and cleaning. Your specific duties for the day will be assigned to you when you check in onsite.
To sign up to volunteer with Operation BBQ Relief, please see below for instructions. You will not receive any additional emails about volunteering until after you complete both steps 1 and 2 below. If you select dates in the "Express Interest" section on this website, it says you will receive an email but that is not accurate.
- Start by downloading the free "OBR Volunteers" app or visit the website at OBR.org to register as a volunteer.
- After you register as a volunteer in step 1, please pick the dates and shifts for which you would like to volunteer.
- Within 24 hours of completing both steps 1 and 2 above (usually faster), you will receive a deployment confirmation email with all of the deployment details you will need. Please do not self-deploy.
When you are selecting dates to volunteer, if you are signing up late in the day (after 7pm et) especially if you have a long distance to travel, it is best if you do NOT select the next day. If you do, it is possible we won't get you deployed in time because it is a manual process. If it is late in the day, we suggest you leave a one day gap in between to allow for sufficient communications and a better overall experience.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: