Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:18+
Orange County - Volunteer with Hospice/Pet Peace of Mind
About: Cornerstone Hospice and Palliative Care
Caring, compassionate people are needed to assist hospice patients and their loved ones. Do you have two to four hours a week to help a neighbor?
Cornerstone volunteers are a vital part of the entire organization, and play an active role in helping to provide the many special comfort and support services that distinguish hospice care. Ask the RSVP Program Coordinator about different opportunities to volunteer today!
Things to know before you apply:
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for patients and families, there are state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for hospice volunteers. We ask the following from anyone interested in volunteering:
- Attendance at all training sessions mandated for the type of volunteer work you want to do
- Completion of an interview and service placement meeting
- A commitment to volunteer for at least one year
- Completion of a fingerprint background check (scheduled and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
- Completion of a two-step tuberculosis screening ("TST") for volunteers who will work with patients (administered and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
- Cornerstone Hospice has a wide variety of volunteer programs, both direct and indirect.
Cornerstone Hospice provides the necessary training for each volunteer position. VCI's part in this opportunity is to provide volunteers who are 55+ with a (free) comprehensive benefits package (inclusive of accident, personal liability and automobile liability insurance, a life Insurance benefit, free workshops and more) during the hours that you volunteer! Please contact the RSVP Manager over Orange County for more information: 407-298-4180, x 113 / email@example.com.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: