Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Shelter Volunteers Needed
Due to predictions for an active hurricane season and the complexities of COVID-19, the Red Cross will need thousands of volunteers to care for people when disasters strike. Train now to be a Ready Red Cross Shelter Volunteer so you can answer the call when your community needs it most! We will need volunteers to help support emergency shelters by staffing different areas including reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information collection and other vital tasks. We have both associate and supervisory level opportunities available. Will you be ready to roll up your sleeves and help?
- Follow worker safety procedures for working in a COVID environment
- Embody the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross in their work with clients, disaster responders and partners
- Provide excellent client service and support the daily maintenance of the shelter operation at the direction of the assigned Shelter Supervisor
- Use the Shift Tool during the disaster event to report availability and schedule shelter shifts
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (3 hours of training total)
If you are interested, please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer and search for "Shelter" in the search bar to find positions.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: