Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:21+
Be a BIG...Give a Little Something Back.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Big Bend helps children realize their potential and build their futures by providing them with professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. We nurture children and strengthen communities, and we couldn't do it without our volunteers.
Here's How it Works:
You are matched with a child based upon similar interests and expressed preferences. You will then be able to spend at least 4 hours per month together doing things you both enjoy.
Big Brothers Big Sisters' professionals are available to provide you with training, activity ideas, guidance and support for the one-to-one match as the relationship grows.
Being a mentor does not mean being a perfect role model, it means being yourself.
- Must be at least 18 years old (School-Based) or 21 years old (Community-Based)
- Complete an in-person interview
- Complete an online Pre-Match training
- Pass an agency issued background check
- Provide professional/personal references
- Commit to being matched for a minimum of one year
- Community-Based - Bigs and Littles spend time together having fun enjoying everyday activities at least 4 hour a month. Whether you play catch or go to a movie, these everyday moments together transform their lives
- School-Based - The Big engages in various activities with the Little such as eating lunch, helping with homework or just sharing stories. School based meeting requirements are 1 hour per week on school campus.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: