Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
The Accounting Intern reports to the Senior Grant Analyst (SGA) and is an integrated member of the finance department with the objective to support the mission of Big Bend Cares and Care Point Health & Wellness by assisting finance staff with data entry and other accounting functions. The internship requires an individual with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the accounts payable process, assist in the grant reporting process, analyze actual financial data, learn more about accounting software, and assist with other accounting activities. This individual should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be eligible for the Accounting Internship, the candidate should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and have a positive attitude. The candidate should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
Volunteer Management Duties
- Shadow members of the Finance department as they perform their duties
- Assist with research, filing, scanning, data entry, and record and maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Assist with the accounts payable process
- Assist with conducting data analysis and research on specific budget issues
- Assist with analysis, monitoring and reporting of revenue and expenditure activity
- Assist with analysis of personnel distributions to maintain appropriate grant reimbursement levels
- Assist with gathering accurate and timely information to prepare reports for agencies and other business entities, as well as scan documentation to support grant reimbursement invoices
- Sort and file purchase orders and match purchase orders with incoming invoices from providers and vendors
- Respond to billing inquiries from providers
- Code invoices with proper account numbers and grants
- Assist with maintaining purchase order encumbrance and spending of all Ryan White and General Revenue services
- Scan purchase orders and paid invoices
- Assist the Senior Grant Analyst and Chief Financial Officer with other duties as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working toward a Bachelor or Master of Accounting degree
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of efficiency, accuracy and responsibility
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: