Empath Health Volunteers Needed in Tampa Bay!
If you’re a teen, an adult,retiree or group looking to serve a great cause and organization, join us at Empath Health!
Many Empath Health volunteers say they receive much more than they give. No matter what volunteer role you choose, you’ll help improve quality of life for others, meet new friends, learn, grow and have fun!
40 Years of Hospice Care and More
Empath Health is a leading Tampa Bay, Florida nonprofit, integrated network of care that provides expert medical, counseling and support services for anyone facing a chronic or advanced illness. We began as compassionate community volunteers who came together to care for our Suncoast Hospice patients and families in Pinellas County in 1977.
Today our dedicated volunteers and staff serve even more people in our Pinellas and Tampa communities. We support hospice, home health, palliative care, veterans, pediatric patients, aging seniors, HIV/AIDS clients, families and caregivers. We also provide advance directives assistance, HIV/AIDS prevention and education, as well as grief and crisis counseling.
Volunteer Opportunities - Something for Everyone
You can make a difference in many ways.
- Provide companionship, phone calls, pet visits, caregiver relief, transportation or other support for patients and families
- Lead activities, run errands or other support for seniors
- Perform computer, office or maintenance work
- Provide customer service in resale shoppes, service centers and food pantries
- Honor veterans
- Support fundraising, outreach and HIV testing events
- So much more
You can choose the role that best fits your interests and needs.
- Positions for adults, college or high school students (ages 14 to 18) and business, faith or community groups
- Locations throughout Pinellas County
- One-time, daytime, evening, weekend and home-based service
- No experience or medical background necessary
- Free orientation, background screening and training
Sign Up Today!
Volunteer Orientation is a four-hour training session for individuals interested in learning more about Empath Health’s volunteer opportunities.
Patient/Family Support Training consists of 12 hours of training for individuals interested in providing caring support to Suncoast Hospice patients and families. Empath Health Volunteer Orientation is a prerequisite.
To register for class and verify locations: Please call Volunteer Registration at 727-523-3440. Registration ends 3 business days before the start of training
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: