Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
AmeriCorps VISTA 2-1-1 Support Coordinator
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) opportunity, which is a one-year (12-months) national service assignment, with a modest living allowance ($479.08 Bi-Weekly). Additional member benefits include choice of education award ($6,095.00) or end of service stipend upon successful completion of the program, mileage reimbursement, sick and vacation leave, health coverage, training, relocation allowance, and childcare assistance if eligible. Housing assistance is also available. To learn more about VISTA benefits please visit https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service
Volunteer Positon Description:
Each year, United Way of NEFL 2-1-1 receives 100,000 calls on average from Northeast Florida residents in need of information or access to programs and resources that address the basic needs of the community. As an AIRS accredited Information & Referral provider, United Way of NEFL 2-1-1 occupies a unique and critical space that connects individuals and households with needs to foundational community resources that exist to meet those needs.
The 2-1-1 Support Coordinator will allow United Way of NEFL 2-1-1 to more effectively support and enhance existing services and to increase community awareness about 2-1-1. The 2-1-1 Support Coordinator will play a critical role in augmenting both the quality of information and resources provided to callers in need of support as well as the quality of services and support provided by Call Center Specialists. The 2-1-1 Support Coordinator will also aid in the development, implementation and evaluation of best practices and training to help create a path where United Way of NEFL 2-1-1 can help meet the current needs of the community, while also identifying trends and future needs through data and research.
Essencial Duties and Responsibilites:
- Through community outreach, educate the public about the role of 2-1-1 and identify and develop new partnerships with human and social service providers.
- Assist in the maintenance of the United Way of NEFL 2-1-1 resource database by contacting agency staff via email, phone calls and site visits to obtain the most current and up-to-date information on service providers.
- Work with 2-1-1 Manager to create and update policies and procedures for community support initiatives, as well as assist in the implementation of recommendations from organizational assessment.
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of staff trainings and team member wellness programs
- Revise and implement quality assurance procedures and support United Way of NEFL 2-1-1 Call Center Specialists in developing and maintaining the highest quality standards in providing service to our callers and communities.
- Assist in the rollout of new initiatives and services (i.e. texting platform, etc.).
- Assist with the coordination of United Way programs and signature events.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: