Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:14+
We are looking for Holiday Angels to help us shop and wrap presents for some of our region's most impoverished children. Join us on December 14th and/or 15th to participate in this joyful volunteering opportunity!
The clients of Big Bend Cares are all infected with or affected by HIV as well as being low income. For many clients, they are unable to provide holiday presents for their children and grand children. Years ago, Big Bend Cares began the 'Holiday Angels' program, which pairs these children and grand children with sponsors. For the children who are not sponsored, Big Bend Cares will shop for their presents on December 14th and wrap on December 15th. Our goal is to ensure all of our families have a joyful holiday season!
Shopping- December 14th
- Meet at Walmart on West Tennessee, at 8 am
- You will be paired up with another volunteer (or bring a friend), assigned a family, and given a budget.
- Choose any gifts you think the children would love!
- Once we are done, we ask that a few volunteers remain to help us transport the items back to the BBC office.
- Estimated commitment: 4-6 hours
Wrapping- December 15th
- Arrive at Big Bend Care (2201 S Monroe St) at 8am
- Volunteers will assist with wrapping or organizing of gifts.
- Estimated Commitment: 4-6 hours
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: