Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:15+
Preschool Classroom Assistant
Our Jefferson County Early Head Start location is seeking passionate community members and students to volunteer in our classrooms with children ages 0-3.
Volunteers will work in a classroom environment assisting teachers with:
- Classroom Participation: Playing with children, talking to them, showing them how to properly use supplies, and teaching them how to play games.
- Hygiene: Helping children wash their hands and use tissues or paper towels properly, reminding them to cover their mouths when coughing, and to keep things out of their mouth.
- Reinforce proper behavior: Teach children to share and play nicely or redirecting their focus if there is an argument.
- Comfort children when they are upset or crying by hugging, holding or rocking them.
Volunteers must meet the standards set forth by the Department of Children and Families (DCF). Those not completing hours for course credit will be limited to 10 hours per month of direct service with the children, in accordance with DCF regulations.
Please complete our online Volunteer Application to get started!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: