Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Family Advocate Intern
Kids Incorporated is seeking an organized, reliable, and caring Family Advocate Intern to work with us this semester. We welcome candidates with a background in Family and Child Science, Psychology, Social Work, or similar fields. Students completing practicums are encouraged to apply.
Please note: This position does not work directly with children. If you are interested in working directly with children, please inquire about our Classroom Assistant volunteer or practicum positions.
Family Advocate Interns will work with the Family Advocate to assist with the following duties:
· Administrative: Completing accurate filing and scanning of paperwork and data entry
· Customer Service: Communicate and make calls to families and organizations
· Case Management: Attend and assist with meetings, home visits, and complete document retrieval and submission
Location: Jefferson County Early Head Start
Time: Monday-Friday, 8-4pm (Intern hours flexible within business hours)
Commitment Level: Minimum of a semester long commitment (10-20 hours/week)
· Experience with counseling, peer mediation, and behavior management strategies desired
· Experience with office equipment, including copier/scanner
· Experience with computer programs (Excel, Word, Publisher, etc.)
· Exceptional communication skills
· Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
· Dependability and confidentiality
Interested parties will be required to submit a resume and cover letter.
Sara Boscacci, Volunteer Coordinator
Kids Incorporated of the Big Bend
2326 Centerville Rd., Tallahassee, FL 32308
(850) 414-9800 ext. 112
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: