Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:18+
Orange County - Help Empower Lives Through Providing Food
Servant's Heart is a an organization established to feed children, seniors and other vulnerable individuals through community partnerships by providing basic needs,empowering people to grow and offering opportunities for people to serve. They partner with churches, schools, caretakers, and others who work directly with families who are dealing with hardships in our community. Right now, Servant's Heart feeds over 400 families a week through community partners,and with the help of volunteers.
Volunteer Positions Available:
- Receptionist: Welcome guests, takes in information for people needing food assistance, helps organize groups volunteering
- Volunteer Coordinator: Schedule and contact individuals to volunteer, train and facilitate volunteers and workshops.
- Food Assistance: Travel to various pick up points for food donations, load truck and deliver to pantries, help pack food for distribution.
Servant's Heart provides the necessary training for each volunteer position. VCI's part in this opportunity is to provide volunteers who are 55+ with a (free) comprehensive benefits package (inclusive of accident, personal liability and automobile liability insurance, a life Insurance benefit, free workshops and more) during the hours that you volunteer! Please contact the RSVP Manager over Orange County for more information: 407-298-4180, x 113 / email@example.com.
RSVP, a part of Senior Corps, is America's largest volunteer network for people 55 and over. With more than 300,000 volunteers tackling tough issues in communities nationwide, RSVP shows how you can apply the skills and wisdom you have acquired throughout your life to make a positive difference in the lives of others. RSVP is federally funded by the Corporation of National and Community Service.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: