Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Disaster Health Services Needed
Are you a licensed healthcare professional? We need volunteers who can work in emergency shelters to help assess people’s health and provide hands-on care in alignment with their professional licensure. We also need volunteers who can provide care as delegated by a licensed nurse in shelters; this could include assisting with activities of daily living, personal assistance services, providing health education and helping to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies. Daily observation and health screening for COVID-19-like illness among shelter residents may also be required.
We have both associate and supervisory level opportunities available. If you are an RN, LPN, LVN, APRN, NP, EMT, paramedic, MD/DO or PA with an active, current and unencumbered license, there is a role for you. Ancillary roles are available locally for Certified Nursing Assistants, Certified Home Health Aides, student nurses and medical students. RNs supervise all clinical tasks.
- Provide hands-on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies.
- Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
- Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training for position (4 hours total)
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: