Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:18+, Maximum Age:59
COVID-19 Logistical Support in Hillsborough County
We hope you’ll support efforts underway for the COVID-19 response in Hillsborough County.
We're gearing up to assist residents affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic in Hillsborough County, Florida. Hillsborough County has sent out a message asking if any businesses, residents or medical centers have protective equipment to donate, the request is for equipment to be dropped off at a specific location and time. Teams will be assisting with non-clinical manpower, traffic routing and control at testing locations, and assisting in the supply warehouse to help receive and sort equipment as it comes in beginning on Monday, March 23.
Registering availability does not guarantee deployment but interest and availability for volunteering. Volunteers will receive further instructions via email or phone.
Thank you for coming forward when unity is needed to help during the COVID-19 response!
HOW YOU CAN HELP (you can sign up for the activity you prefer):
- Work in the warehouse sorting and managing supplies
- Assisting with test kits at drive through testing site locations
- Traffic routing and control at testing locations
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Make sure to wear close-toed shoes
- We will notify you when you are needed and where to go for your shift
All events may present some risk and it’s your responsibility to your family, community, and fellow volunteers to put your health first. If you think you have been in contact with an infected person or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, please contact your healthcare provider and reduce contact with others. As recommended by the WHO, please follow these preventive measures to reduce risk:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
People over the age of 60 and with underlying health conditions are most at risk, and we ask that if you fall into this category you do your part by maintaining social distance and participating in online and remote opportunities only.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: