Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Mega Food Pantry Event - Volunteers Needed
The Manatee County Government Feeding Work Group in partnership with Feeding Tampa Bay are coordinating Mega Pantry Events in Manatee County. It is a weekly drive thru event and each family will receive approximately 50 pounds of food. We need up to 40 volunteers per event to help with distribution of food and traffic management.
Event Day & Time:
The events will be every Tuesday, 3:30-6:30, through the end of July. Volunteers are asked to arrive 1 hour before the event for instructions and stay 30 minutes after the event ends to help with clean up.
DeSoto Square Mall - *JcPenny’s side
303 301 Blvd W
Bradenton, FL 34205
*For volunteer parking, we ask that individuals park in the lot designated with the red cursor on the map below. You can enter the lot off 9th St. W.
For Google Maps directions, you can click on this link: Mega Pantry Volunteer Parking
How You Can Help:
- Food distribution. This will be a low contact event. Food will be placed directly in the trunks of vehicles in a drive thru queue. PPE will be provided.
- Assist with the flow of traffic.
General Guidelines for Volunteers:
- DO NOT attempt to volunteer for any activity if in the last 14 days you have:
- Traveled to any foreign country or to California, Washington, New York, Washington D.C., or Chicago (this list may change on short notice)
- Been on a cruise or been in an airport
- Been around anyone who has COVID-19
- Been to an event where more than 250 people were in attendance
- DO NOT show up to volunteer for any activity without confirming that there is a need for the activity, that it will be conducted, and that volunteer support is needed and expected.
- DO go to Volunteer Connect and register your capabilities and availability or find volunteer opportunities that may be available in your area.
- BEFORE arriving for a volunteer shift, call ahead to the service agency and ask if any additional safety precautions should be taken before, during and after the shift.
- ALLOW extra time for additional screening from volunteer organizations or agencies to make sure you are cleared to volunteer for the task.
- EXPECT that shifts or opportunities may be cancelled; especially volunteer opportunities working with the vulnerable populations. Please be gracious and understanding.
- DO practice universal infection control precautions. Clean and wash your hands before, during, and after volunteering
- DO clean any used spaces thoroughly before and after, including table top surfaces and door knobs/handles.
- DO use proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if needed for the task.
- DO maintain 6-10 foot separation from others while conducting the task.
- ASK about any risk that may be associated with the task and DO NOT take part if you are uncomfortable with the level of risk.
- DO wear closed-toed shoes
About the Manatee County Government Feeding Work Group:
The Manatee County Feeding Work Group is a partnership between Manatee County Neighborhood Services, Manatee County Emergency Management, Manatee County Area Transit, Meals On Wheels, Salvation Army, Our Daily Bread, Department of Children and Families, and Manatee Community Foundation, addressing unmet Feeding and Food Distribution needs in Manatee County.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: